Working closely with the Finance Team, Acquisitions Team and portfolio manager, the Credit & Research Analyst will maintain constant surveillance of tenant financial strength, assist in underwriting potential acquisitions and dispositions, prepare financial reports and conduct market and industry research. The ideal candidate will be experienced in financial analysis, market evaluation, and research methods. The candidate will work independently and in collaboration with others to achieve a high level of success in monitoring the financial health of tenants. The position requires organization, financial analysis and internet research skills. Also calls for excellent interpersonal skills and the ability communicate with clients and work well with all levels of internal management and staff. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Complete analysis on tenant’s quarterly and annual financials to ensure solid and current understanding of tenant financial strength
- Collect, analyze and document tenant financial statements received on a quarterly and/or annual basis
- Develop and maintain financial reports that summarize the overall financial position of the tenant portfolio
- Review tenants’ quarterly financial data template and financial statement
- Identify and further analyze positive or negative financial trends
- Complete financial analysis on prospective transactions to ensure a return above cost of capital (cash flow modeling, property valuations and return analysis using Excel).
- Complete Rent Ratio Coverage analysis
- Prepare financial analysis package, including Financial Summary Dashboard and Rent Ratio Coverage report, for Board of Directors’ review
- Oversee management of Tenant Lease Financial Requirements tracking sheet and financial data template
- Interface closely with capital markets, portfolio management, acquisitions, accounting and legal team members.
- Lead the further development and continuous improvement of tenant financial analysis tools, procedures and reports.
- Undertake additional market and/or industry specific analysis as required, keep current on industry trends and market criteria Conduct analysis of tenant-related market and industry trends
- Additional duties as required.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and due diligence skills.
- Understanding of financial statements and financial analysis used in underwriting.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate dynamics, capital markets, acquisitions and dispositions a plus.
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Passionate about quality and accuracy.
- Experienced information gathering and information monitoring skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Good decision-making skills and an ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Solid work ethic and a professional, proactive and positive approach to work.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner. Able to handle changes effectively and professionally.
- Work well independently and in a team. Self-starter, but not hesitant to ask for direction as needed.
- High proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Undergraduate degree in finance and credit from a four-year accredited university required.
- 3+ years’ financial and credit analyst experience, preferably in the commercial real estate industry