This resource fills a role that is technical with collaborative and leadership components. Reporting to the Lead System Architect, the Systems Engineer (focused on Microsoft Technologies) is responsible for contributing to the successful utilization of relevant technologies including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrating leadership and advanced knowledge of Windows Server, Desktop Applications, Cloud Platforms and other Microsoft technologies.
- Ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the firm’s technology infrastructure through the appropriate operation of relevant Microsoft technologies.
- Responsible for System Administration and supporting the Service Desk Team with tier-2 and tier-3 IT support tickets escalated to engineering.
- Supporting and fostering departmental and company culture through mentoring, training, and oversight of service desk staff, fellow engineers and other firm staff.
- Ability to work with and within a team, providing leadership in the design, deployment, and support of infrastructure systems, focused best practices and standardized processes.
- Making recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to System availability, cost savings, and/or productivity improvements.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system-wide software, Interacting with users, and evaluating vendor products.
- Contributing to and leading specific projects to enhance Windows infrastructure; automating existing processes and procedures using MS PowerShell or other automation tools, and managing and maintaining technologies such as Microsoft ADDS, Exchange, Lync, Office 365, and 2FA.
- Recommending and documenting standards and best practices including capacity planning, recovery strategies and security for supported areas while establishing system management criteria.
- Performing responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
- Minimum AAS in Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- At least 5 years of highly relevant Microsoft engineering and/or support experience.
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain a variety of Microsoft systems and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to and implement changes quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, vendors and peers
- Strong attention to detail and solid follow-up capabilities
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Certification or certification level knowledge for MCSE/MCITP, or VCP preferred
- Some inter-office travel may be required
The ideal candidate is motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality.