AP Professionals of WNY
Accounting Manager for a finance management team that supports companies worldwide ranging from fashion retail to IT support services.
Direct hire, 75K, Williamsville location
- Manage the accounting department and ensure the accuracy of the financial statements and the effectiveness of internal controls, while developing the accounting team to deliver excellent support to business leaders.
- Responsible for managing accounting team that is responsible for day to day accounting transactions, including accounts payable, billing, cash receipts.
- Oversee the month end close procedures, ensuring necessary tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist in monthly and year-end financial reporting.
- Continuously review accounting processes and the internal controls environment; taking initiative to drive improvements as identified.
- Work with business leaders, assisting with accounting/finance questions and problem solving.
- Assist with interim and year-end audit work.
- Assist in evaluation and lead implementation of accounting changes needed resulting from changes in GAAP (i.e. leases & revenue recognition).
- Participate in completion of special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA Preferred
- 2+ years in supervisory role
- Public and private experience preferred