16/hr, temp to perm, Williamsville location
Employee Benefits Account Services Specialist
The Account Services Specialist role is an entry level position offering an individual who has an interest in the field of insurance an opportunity to learn the industry and grow within our Agency. Candidates should be over-achievers who thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Account Services Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide superior customer service to our clients as it relates to their benefit plans as well as provide administrative support to the employee benefits account team. This position requires accuracy and attention to detail.
Duties will include:
- Review and submission of benefit enrollment forms, changes and terminations to insurance carriers.
- Review and submission of employee claims to insurance carriers.
- Corresponding with clients, employees and insurance carriers relating to ID cards, claim issues and billing issues.
- Compiling employee census data into spreadsheets using Excel.
- Researching participating providers and covered medications on carrier websites.
- Assembling benefit enrollment packets.
- Entering client data into our agency management system.
- Assisting with reception duties as needed.
- Participating in projects performed by the Employee Benefits Department.
- Advanced computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- New York State Life Accident & Health license is required within the first year of employment.