Exciting Permanent Opportunity!
The Payroll Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of payroll processing for the companies assigned and be a part of a diverse function which produces bi-weekly paychecks and annual W-2’s. The Payroll Accountant will also be responsible for assisting with gaining knowledge of all aspects of the payroll and benefits administration process in order to create and maintain documentation of procedures and to recommend enhancements that will increase accuracy and improve efficiency. A complete understanding of standard payroll administration practices and procedures is necessary.
- Calculate timesheets
- Verify all necessary approvals
- Accurately enter, audit and balance all payroll information related to assigned companies
- Run payroll process to include checks, direct deposits and reports
- Correctly administer manuals, voids, and other employee adjustments
- Have a working knowledge of visa processing and taxation
- Encumber accounts and maintain accurate balances on a bi-weekly basis
- Work with accounting department to reconcile accounts
- Prepare and have approvals for Check Requests
- Perform month end, quarter end and year end tasks as required
- Scan employee files on a bi-weekly basis
- Minimum three to five years experience in a payroll/accounting position required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or professional certification is highly desirable
- Proficient use of computer, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and standard payroll taxation, visa processing, basic accounting principles, in-house payroll systems