The 2017 annual Legal Update was a huge success!
The sold out crowd of over 290 HR professionals in Rochester learned about the top legal issues that are affecting the HR community today through panel presentations. Topics included recent and anticipated changes to federal and New York State labor law, such as:
- Harassment and discrimination investigations/preparing for the EEOC
- Health and welfare benefit update — ACA and other 2017 concerns
- The interplay between FMLA and ADA
The panel of presenters came from the greater Rochester area’s top law firms, and included:
- James Holahan, Esq. with Bond, Schoeneck and King, PLLC
- Thomas Hurley, Esq. with Harter Secrest & Emery, LLP
- Paul Keneally, Esq. with- Underberg and Kessler, LLP
- Lorissa LaRocca, Esq. with Woods Oviatt Gilman, LLP
- Trent Sutton, Esq. with Littler Mendelson, P.C.
Hosts, GVCSHRM and NHRA send a special thank you to all who volunteered to make the day a great success. It was the place to be!